VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i bought this car aboput a month ang and went for a 2 mile drive and she stalled out and would turn over but we wouldnt get a spark following some of the advice here i went for the crank sensor first and it started and when it warmed up it died. Only code i got was p0341. and then replaced the coil with a junkyard one and it ran until i stalled it at a stop sign and then died again. tested the coils with a multimeter they were reaing in the zone where the guide says. also checked the TDC and compared it to the distributor and it was only of maybe a few degrees if at all. in the process of replacing key lock and ignition switch cause key switch was acting up. and i smell gas so i know its not a fuel delivery issue.

its 96 passat gls 2.0 5 speed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
finished replacing ignition switch and key lock..still shes just turning over. seems like my connector to my coil is reading bad what would cause it to do so?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took out the ECU to see if i could find a cheap swap to test if it was the prob...seem to hear a click from under dash pulled relay and it says 18 on it felt like 3rd from top left

1 - 3 of 3 Posts