VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger seat rattles really badly after i have upgraded my suspension. Like if i hit the seat with my hand it will rattle and seem like it is loose...the back support seems loose. How do i tighten it? thanks

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
dub flava said:
my passenger seat rattles really badly after i have upgraded my suspension. Like if i hit the seat with my hand it will rattle and seem like it is loose...the back support seems loose. How do i tighten it? thanks
Well, this might seem simple (and you have probably tried it) but sit in it and make sure it is secured all the way. Sometimes they look like they have returned to the completely enguaged setting after lifting the seat for rear clearance when they really aren't quite fully engauged.

Next I would try looking around to try and find where the rattle is coming from. Look under the seat for loose fasteners, wiggle the seat to see which way it is loose, etc...

If that doesn't work, let your dealer deal with it (assuming you are under warranty still).

And you don't know vibration until you ride with the dogbone bushing upgrade and a full 3" turboback; oh well: MY SEATS NOW HAVE MASSAGE FUNCTION!!!! YAY!!! :D

Although this new "function" works only around 2000-2300 rpm; oh well, I guess you have to deal with it when it's a free "upgrade".... :wink: :roll:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, i want to take it to the dealer. But this is a small problem, the dealer might not bother to fix it, I have to find other problems, and take it all at once.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No matter how small the problem may seem, if the car is under warranty when you take it to them they have to atleast try to fix the problem. I'm sure people bring cars to them all; the time with little squeaks and rattles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts