VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with passenger side door lock. When I insert my key to the cylinder, it just turns and would not lock the doors.

However, when I lock the doors from the main switch the passenger side door locks and when I lock the doors from the driver side, the passenger side would also lock.

I think some mechanism within the lock has a problem and if anyone knows anything about fixing this, please share.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Probably a broken wire, I had the same issue last year, I took it to the dealer and they fixed it for some $$. Just be glad you have a lock on your pass. side. I've got two keyholes on my car, driver's door and trunk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This happened to my driver's side door. Chances are you broke a metal piece that connects the key cylinder to the pnuamatic control that controls the locks. If you open your door there will be a large screw on the side. take this out then the door handle will come out. If this metal piece is all that is wrong you can probaby take that handle to a dealer or parts place and get another one for a little over $20. Hope that helps

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
it may not have been after all... i guess i got it and known problem mixed up...... well in defense of my statement..... it shouldda been a recall! anyway if u really want to fix it and dont mind spending some money, JC whittney has a keyless entry system for under 50 that is compatible with VW and audi door locks, it saves you having to do the extra wiring that i had to on my non VW compatible keyless entry system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts