VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever changed a passenger seat into a driver seat. I know the buckle needs to be moved... i was gonna cut it off and weld it on the other side. Or does anyone know the details on switching the frame from my stock drivers seat to this new passenger seat? one of those step by step sites would be VERY nice.
thanks guys

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Why would you do that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

driver side bolster gets worn quicker. It's easy to take them off, just look in front of the seat at the base. There should be sopme sort of nut and bolt in the middle. Take it off and pull the handle to move the seat and it'll slide right off the back of the track. Then you can unbolt the buckle(no need to cut and weld) and reinstall on the other side. I'm pretty sure they have a place on either side for it so it should be simple. when you pul the seat off just make sure the threads are on both sides. although the handle to recline the seat will be on the wrong side then but that's no biggie on a jetta. Good luck. I've had mine out a couple times to install my harness and when i put in the recaros and a couple other times. just ask if you have some more questions. I'll try to help more. Later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts