VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just came back from a GREAT paul van dyk show in DC. Any of y'all go? For those of you that don't know he's one of the greatest trance DJ's ever. Anyway, reason I'm asking is because I saw 5 GTI's, no less, parked around the club. One *very* nice 337 and 4 more MK4's, and a bunch of MK3's. I guess now we know some demographics about VW owners
It was packed with rice, too, with fart cans blaring on the way out, but nonethless interesting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys! My camera was my christmas present, and good ol' best buy was out of stock, so I had to order it online. I'm getting it next week and I'm really excited about it! Yeah I would've loved some pics of the 337, and a couple other modded ones, but I'm sure there will be other shows. PVD was AMAZING, you guys should've come down, it's worth the 6(?) hour drive from PA! (seems almost everyone on the forum is from there)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, I'm representing Chicago here (I guess)...

You guys like any other electronic music? Let me throw out some names...Most of this would fall under IDM, I guess:

Squarepusher, Prefuse 73, Delarosa and Asora, Mouse On Mars, Daedelus, Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin, u-Ziq (that's the greek letter mu), Boards of Canada, Four Tet, Mum, Plaid, Nautilus, Wagon Christ, Schneider TM....(the list goes on....)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
PVD...Wicked !!!. And yeah... how can you leave your house going to a PVD performance without your camera, DJVIBE? Do we have to smack you around with a large Trout or Tuna?
I would love to see these VW's too.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Very impressive list, butang. I am more into Trance scene now. I used to be involved huge into the Techno and underground scene between 1986-1998.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Have you guys heard of Safri Duo? They are my fav right now. They are a couple of classically trained percussionists. They started doing dance music in college, but it has all this tribal percussion stuff blended in. Im a drummer, so its awesome to me.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Paul Van Dyk is THE best trance dj in the world, period. I was a party kid ("raver"-I never liked the term raver) a few years ago. I'm not too much into it now, but I do enjoy a good techno cd once in a while. Check out the following: carl cox, digweed, dj dan, seb fontaine, dj superstar keoki, kimball collins, sasha. That's all I can remember as of now. The last party I was at was a 2-day outdoor party, outside of pittsburgh (I forget the name right now) like 3 years ago.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man, I looove sasha. Saw sasha and digweed in concert a couple years back - it was awesome. Safri duo is great, they had a really good song out last summer in Europe, called the bongo song...the video's awesome, I recommend you download it on Kazaa
Yeah raves are definitely fun, I'm still into trance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops, that song's called "played alive"; the bongo song is just a really weird other song that has nothing to do with trance

·
Registered
37 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Have you guys heard of Safri Duo? They are my fav right now. They are a couple of classically trained percussionists. They started doing dance music in college, but it has all this tribal percussion stuff blended in. Im a drummer, so its awesome to me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey im a drummer too...
- the fiancee hates it but oh well... she doesnt have to like it right?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phunyguy:
hey im a drummer too...
- the fiancee hates it but oh well... she doesnt have to like it right?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why does she hate it? Don't you have silencers on your drums? Just a question.

Yeah, FLI GTI, Safri duo is cool.

[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Butang - definitely into some of those - others I haven't heard of. Squarepusher I've def heard of. I'm more into trance and D&B though...how's the scene up there? It kind of sucks here in DC, just mainly bad house or mainstream trance...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I keep my drums at a friends bachelor pad for just that same reason. Im savin up for a set of Roland V-drums. They are so sweet. I play at our church mostly, but at home I just jam out with cd's. I dont have mine silenced because its too much of a pain, I just use hotrods to keep it quieter.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ah it feels like home here. There's nothing better than DUB drivers who love techno!!! BTX paul van dyk is awesome, i saw him last Januarty and got him to autograph his Politics of Dancing CD for me!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djvibe:
Sweet! Where from?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent you a PM, DJVIBE. Don't want to start anything on this forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts