VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am just interested to find out if i am the first person to put a 130 pd tdi engine into a caddy . it does a standing quarter in 15.4 and 0-60 1n 6.9 these times are all at meetings any interest...null

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
That is awsome, I was actually talking to some other forum members about doing the same this with the 1.9TDI that we have over here. How dificult was the swap? Good job though!

Josh
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hi josh not easy at all, i cut into the chassis legs same as a mk4 for engine mounts, spliced 2 wireing looms together to power ecu,clocks for engine imobiliser also used ignition from mk4 for the key reader.then there is the drive shafts, i have used a 6 speed gear box so a mk4 inner cv was machined to mate to a mk1 also a home made exhaust system. i could go on and on but it is running 171bhp 280lbsf ot torque with a massive intercooler 28psi of boost preasure as you can appreciate it ia awsomely quick cheers milky......

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
You're probably not the first to think of it, but you're the first that I've heard of to actually get it done.

The thought had crossed my mind to do it to my truck, but with the MK3 TDI motor. It's a bolt in swap. Then I realized that my Rabbit it way more of a project than I can afford to begin with and the 52hp standard diesel that's in my truck runs great. Not to mention that here in the states all we got was a 90hp TDI.

I'm very impressed that you used a 6speed, the mk4 keys stuff and imobilizer. I'd love to see some pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts