VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 jetta 2.0 .I read in an older european car mag. ,that you can put a passat intake on the 2.0 .Plus after you cam the motor you will have a ton more acelloration is it true?Has anyone done it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you ever hear anything about this, please let me know. I have a 1994 vw golf 2.0 liter, and I need more acceleration bad.

·
Registered
158 Posts
SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT THERE IS NOT TO MUCH POWER TO BE HAD OUT OF THAT 2.0. i know cause before i bought my 1.8t i had a 2.slow... and was very frustrated w/ my limited "go fast" options. I think the best thing they have for those is a 3000.00 supercharger or you could spend 4000.00 on a stage 3 turbo system. But assuming you dont have 3g's to throw-down look into trading to a 1.8t , it's what i did and now my options for speed are almost endless. The 1.8t is the most "tunable" engines vw has. And while even if you did have the $$ to put a sc or tc on your car, you wouldn't be close to the power i can get out of putting 2000.00 into mine. just my $.02

·
Registered
175 Posts
blah blah blah, dont go 1.8t, too many of em'. the prices on turbos and superchargers are dropping slowly for the 2.0( around 2,500 right now) and if you work the head you get monster tq from that single cam eight valve! and you dont have to re wire the whole car.
no offence WU!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts