VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone developed a recommended upgrade stage list for the MKIII VW's? I'm wondering what are the best mods for the money, keeping your ride reliable and streetable, but quick and sporty looking. If anyone knows of a website with this kind of a setup, please gimme the link!!!
THANKS!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
heres some easy mods and not to pricey. chips run about 100$ variety of company's make them(neuspeed,autotech,techtonics,etc...), intakes are in the 100$ range usually brands like(abd, neuspeed, etc..) plug wires, catback exhaust systems aren't too bad in price but they depend on what u want check out (neuspeed,autotech,techtonics,remus,and thermal) jus some ideas for ya these are easy mods to do urself to, none require hours of instalation time really, the exhaust would take the longest. hope this helps ya out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kind of what I expected. I was just wondering... I can't wait to get one and start tweaking on it. I don't really want a racer or anything, or a ricer
just something a little quicker than stock, with a little added styling and maybe a cup kit from H&R. Lowered dubs look tight! maybe some 17's

ahhhh, big dreams i have....

BTW, got any HP gains with those mods on a 8V Golf GL? 95 or 96. That's the car I'm looking for. 5 speed indeed.

[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: Andy ]

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i got some hp increase but i didn't see a miracle gain in it. but i am happy with all my mods i have done to my engine. im lookin into getten some more engine mods after i finish my body work on the car, i didn't wanna do all of looks or all engine so i started out with a lil of both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts