VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of getting a rack for my golf would love to see some pics of anybodys car with one....
thanks

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Good topic! I have been thinking about getting a rack for my bikes for some time now, but still don't know how it will effect the look of the car. But hey, that GTI and Golf still look as good as ever, so I will definitely give it another thought.

Anybody have a preference as far as racks? Any input would be very helpful.

Also, has anyone seen the factory bike rack that attaches to the hatch on Golfs/GTIs? It looks interesting but is pretty expensive...

And man, you are on top of everything Josh!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the pics!

as far as brands i'm going with yakima, round bars verses square with thue racks

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by '_':
thanks for the pics!

as far as brands i'm going with yakima, round bars verses square with thue racks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you prefer the round? I sold Thule for a while and I loved it, and didn't get one complaint. I also had a Thule for my Golf, I loved it. I might even be willing to sell it, I don't use it anymore...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess because that is what i had before. i haven't really seen the thue's upclose, so i'm not knocking them. i was told before that with the square bars there may be a problem with the curve of the roof and the top of the squares not being level for attachments. perhaps i was mislead, i don't know. also pipes are stonger than square tubing, but then again the roof load limit shouldn't exceed 165lbs i think.
it just boils down to personal prefs i supose.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
does anyone know if the mk3 ski/snowboard attachment would fit on a yakima (or anyother roof rack) on an mk4? im asking because I have a mk3 roof rack, and ski/snowboard attachment, and was wondering if I would just need the mk4 rack? let me know..thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
does anyone know if the mk3 ski/snowboard attachment would fit on a yakima (or anyother roof rack) on an mk4? im asking because I have a mk3 roof rack, and ski/snowboard attachment, and was wondering if I would just need the mk4 rack? let me know..thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's the same as Thule, the attachments should be universal.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
brett. I have the mk3 vw factory ski/snowboard attachment. wondering if that would work with the mk4 vw factory rack? or with any other aftermarket company? thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts