VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for parts for my new project...87 GTi 16v...i would like some advice on some good performance parts to get and also rebuild parts...the cheaper the better...I bought this car about a month ago for $400...it had 16s on it which are now on my golf...neuspeed springs, bilstein shocks, abd racing shortshift kit, and a eurosport cool flo...i am already planning to get a TT cat back and eliminating the cat...anyone know a good header for a decent price? The reason I need rebuild parts is for the sloppy shifter and the blown headgasket...thanks for any help

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well shane...i wont be sure until i get the motor pulled and take everything apart...so far i think i need rings...bearings...and just about every gasket...you'll have to come up sometime and help me work on the thing

·
Registered
526 Posts
def on that one..for the gaskets id go for tttuning cuz they sell a set of all the gaskets for cheap i think not sure what the price for a 16v is but for my engine its 150 for all the gaskets

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey great find on the golf I got one for a hundred an have been slowly rebuilding her I think i paid 175 for a complete gasket kit .good luck make sure you do your valve seals I forgot now she smokes on hard accelaration but runs great for sitting in a field

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wheres windser an also york I,m from belle vernon which is about 30 minutes north pf Pittsburg Love to get together with some other dubbers an hang out talk shop or what ever My girlfriend is about to kill me shes tired of hearing about volkswagens

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vdubber84:
Wheres windser an also york I,m from belle vernon which is about 30 minutes north pf Pittsburg Love to get together with some other dubbers an hang out talk shop or what ever My girlfriend is about to kill me shes tired of hearing about volkswagens<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

york is more central pa. I'm less than an hour from york and a long way from Pittsburg. I know what you meen about your girlfriend. My fiance hates hearing about cars all the time. So i just talk to my 2 year old. He doesn't understand but he seems so impressed when you tell him things about them. And he loves to sit on my lap and look at pics. A dubber in the making

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help...my girlfriend used to get tired of hearing about my car because she thought it was ugly...but it grew on her and now she wants me to keep the golf and not the gti...and yeah York is like 10 min from Windsor and York is a couple hours from Pittsburgh

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i frequently goto a vw garage that has a vw junkyard behind it, i went there alot for random parts when i had my 92 golf. the garage/junkyard is in between york and harrisburg if your interested i can get the phone number for u.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts