VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am planning to do the brakes with new front and rear pads, rotors and parking cables on my 94 jetta. I am reading the bentley manual and it shows a tool required to reset the park brake system after changing pads.
I was wondering if this was required or if an alternate way of doing it is posable.

Also if anyone has any tips for the rear rotors let me know as it looks like I will be pulling out wheel bearings.
Thanks in advance - Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
nope because they need to be twisted back into place. The tool is like a key so you can twist it back in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
nope because they need to be twisted back into place. The tool is like a key so you can twist it back in.

My camaros calipers were the same way, I didnt use a tool though. I just sat the caliper on the ground piston facing up and put my foot on it and twisted.It went right back in, worked well enough to get the job done. But would get the tool if you got the extra cash. so on that note, Im sure you could make a tool if your crafty

·
Registered
19 Posts

My camaros calipers were the same way, I didnt use a tool though. I just sat the caliper on the ground piston facing up and put my foot on it and twisted.It went right back in, worked well enough to get the job done. But would get the tool if you got the extra cash. so on that note, Im sure you could make a tool if your crafty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts