VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On saturday night I got into a little and I mean little race with a mitsubishi lancer evolution.I got spanked bad!I thought it was a regular lancer.Boy was I wrong!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well we can't win them all. Some cars are just faster then ours!! I played with a RSX this weekend and smoked him with ease!! Still have yet to race a type-s though.
jon

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I played with a miata last week. weak..I thought they had more pull. but I looked it up, and its something like 120hp. hehe fun. but safe. I gave the dude a thumbs up, and he didnt reply. oh well..

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yes, the Evo VIII is [email protected]$$. I'd love to park one of those in my garage (even though it is still an Lancer). The dealer here had two sitting in the showroom, and all I can say is mmmmmmmmmmmmm. If you ever get a chance, just go check out the BRAKES on those things.

But I too have a similar story like that, but mine involves a WRX. He didn't smoke me, but he pulled me a couple of car lenghts. Moments like that make me long for a chip!

Oh, and the Recaro seats in the Evo's are pure butter!!!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TailpipeSmokeshow:
I heard the dealers won't even let you test drive one until you put a down payment on it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, they had BOTH of these setting IN the showroom. So they weren't going to break them out unless you were going to buy it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
the lancer evo VIII is so awesome, i love that car much more than any WRX.

·
Registered
273 Posts
vw needs to send us a polo wrc to compete with the evos and wrx's...although i'm sure some of you have modded your dubs enough to compete already

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did anyone see the specs on this car?It has 271hp and it is all wheel drive with a turbo!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Yea, if the Evo wasn't based on the dog faced car it would probably be cool, but I would still go with the WRX. But who am I kidding, I would much rather have a 206, or an RS4
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed but both those cars are very sick!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, if the Evo wasn't based on the dog faced car it would probably be cool, but I would still go with the WRX. But who am I kidding, I would much rather have a 206, or an RS4

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
if i had the money i would take the evo over any car, except the mustang saleen s281 extreme! the evo is not a car...it's a MONSTER! 271 horsepower, 4 wheel drive, and the suspension used simply makes it better than most cars around.
my dub is cool but if i had a choice i'd take the evo simply b/c the evo is my fav car. don't get me wrong i love my dub, but the evo is an evo!

·
Registered
380 Posts
It's all about personal opinions. In my opinion I dont need a superfast car since there is no way in hell i can drive that fast on the streets in chicago and if i would i would kill my self. The reason I got a dub is because I just love the look of it and the endless modifications someone can do to make it look nice and not riced out. I got a 2.0 and its slow compared to vr6 and 1.8t but atleast it looks good. To tell you the truth I'd rather have a slow good looking car then a fast honda civic. But again thats just personal opinions. EVO's are monsters as you guys say but im just not diggin the look of it.

Emir

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had two brand new GTi's split me at a 3 lane light, both fresh off the lot...both revved up thinking i was just some punk...they got their asses handed to them in a handbasket...after they caught up with me at the next light...

·
Registered
25 Posts
RollnVDub:i just posted my specs in a forum where i introduced myself, check it out or check my prof

·
Registered
324 Posts
yeah those evos run teh quarter in like the mid 13's right out of the box.... too bad the r32 isnt a 6-turbo, then it'd contend no trouble

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
The way I look at it, they are putting out 271 with a turbo, 24V VR6's are putting out 200 without a turbo...let's see what happens when we turbo a VR6... muahaha

1 - 20 of 33 Posts