VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that both my axles are shot.
I was backing out of a driveway today, wheels turned left and I hear a rapid clicking coming from my passenger side. Kept driving and took the next turn pretty slow, heard the clicking again.
I got home and backed out my driveway the opposite way and now the drivers side is clicking!! Checked my CV boots, no tears or anything ugly. But I'm getting the annoying click while turning.

What're you guys thinking?

·
Registered
828 Posts
that both my axles are shot.
I was backing out of a driveway today, wheels turned left and I hear a rapid clicking coming from my passenger side. Kept driving and took the next turn pretty slow, heard the clicking again.
I got home and backed out my driveway the opposite way and now the drivers side is clicking!! Checked my CV boots, no tears or anything ugly. But I'm getting the annoying click while turning.

What're you guys thinking?
Make sure your tires have enough air...

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
My Napa one is doing good. Plus lifetime guarantee. Keep your oem one for a back up if you ever have to exhange it.
I laugh at suspension geometry

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
raxles are really bulletproof, but they cost a lot. napa and autozone ones are cheap, like fubars from napa was 100, and if they break, you can just replace them. a lot of people have luck with the cheap ones. 100 bucks, lifetime guarantee, sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
ive had good luck with bennett auto passenger side ones, for some reason my drivers side went through 3 or 4 of them before i just ordered a boot rebuild kit and rebuilt the oem one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to my local napa. They cant get any axles for my car, he said all they do is have them sent out, repaired and returned. Not really wanting to do that.
Went to another local store and they can get me some about 100 a side and a one year warranty.
What do you guys think? Just pay the money and get raxles or try those other ones

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
did you try autozone or advanced auto parts? thats weird that napa cant get them for you, they should be able to ship them in.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
I meant cheap for Raxles. Usually they are $400/pc. + shipping.
I can't see spending that on axles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts