VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 92 Golf GL 1.8 8valve and was looking to see if i can get some better performace out of it. I am on a very limited buget so was thinking about just putting in a K&N filter and a new intake. Is there anything else relatively low cost that would be better than this, and what kinda increase can I expect from this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
You won't get too much out of just that but it will be a start. Check my sig for the tuff i did to mine. (same engine in yours)It is pretty fast. It'll run with all the local 16v's. I would deffinetly do a catback exhaust with the intake. That's a really good way to start. Then you can upgrade the internals and forced induction. The list is endless. But those would be my first mods.

·
Registered
526 Posts
id go intake exhasut and chip. i can get anyone with a digifant 2 a chip for about 90 shipped. let me know

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyanks for the replies, where cam i get the g-grind cam shaft and what kinda boost would i see of the cip (and what brand chip is it)

·
Registered
526 Posts
its a csw. the guy claims about 10 hp but thats debateable. but theres definitely a difference specially iwth mods. if you want a g grind try techtonics tuning. id go there for any performance

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The g grind cam is for the solid lifter head. Yours will be a hydro head. I swapped it on. You can get them from neuspeed. That's what mine is. I like it alot. I've heard good and bad about the chips. Some people say they love them some say it didn't make a difference. The cam gives you a much better power band. Pulls real hard over 4000. But if you want real power i would go with a little bit of a hotter cam. It'll idle rougher but it'll add more power.

·
Registered
526 Posts
thats what i heard too but i keep up with 2.0s easy with nothing else done to my car and i know i couldnt of done that without the chip.ive tried

1 - 8 of 8 Posts