VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps biglou here from cardiff in the UK .

was wondering if you guys can help me out please .my dearly beloved died on me on Tuesday and iam in a bit of a puddle as to how i can get her back to life i ain't a mechanic but i fit anything once.i no the problem her is some info an a bit about my car an what has happened.

I have a 1994 1.8 golf cabriolet i have only owned her six months an in that time she has been very reliable up until now .
The problem occurred Tuesday my miss was driving she pulled over to pick me up i jumped in tryed to start the car and she would not fire up it was bullring down with rain and the fuel was really low so I thought we had run out of gas after a two mile trek in rain for fuel I came bk the car put the fuel in and she still would not start so I ended up getting my buddy to tow me home .

had some spare time yesterday so began to have a look at the car to see if I could see anything wrong but to no avail I had a little search on the Web try find some solutions but didn't really get much help .
so first I checked the fuses which seem ok I did read some thing about a relay that might be the problem but not sure which relay it is so I Un screwed on of the spark plugs held in on to the block whilst turning the car over an confirmed I had no spark at at had a little look at the distributor and checked the leads there's nothing that I can see that looks broken so could some give me a little help of were I should start to try find the problem .

When key is in ignition I can hear fuel pump working and it's cranking over there's just no spark.

I had some electrical issues few weeks back with my radio an roof an I changed the block on the back of the ignition which all seems fine and the car is fitted with an after market toad alarm and immobiliser which I think is fine judgeing by the light in the dash it goes off as it should When trying to start the car.

If anybody could help me try get to the bottom of this it would be greatly appreciated Thanks biglou.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Little update I have bought a little tester an I have got power going in to dizzy but nothing coming out so it's got be that iam thinking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still no joy

Still no luck but after more research I noticed i have no engine management light on dash and no spark were do I go from here some one please help......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she lives on

thankyou for getting back to me was just about to give up turned out to be coil found a good working second hand one and hay presto its back on the road it was a bit stress was reading up on so many possibilities anyway its done cheers to everyone who took the time to write there posts :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts