VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an 04 GTI VR6 and i just put in a brand new battery. Car was perfect for 2 weeks, drove 300 miles yesterday! This morning i get in the car, turn the key, everything works as usual. Go to start the car, and everything goes black. I now have no power to anything, power windows, trunk button, lights inside and out, everything is gone. I push the gas cap button, it works, then i regain power to the car, try and start it again and it goes black. Ground is solid, battery terminals and wires are clean. There is a consistent clicking under the dash, which turns my clock on and off, and after a few seconds it clicks rapidly for a few seconds. I havent got the slightest clue what to do, i havent tried jumping the car yet... Any ideas??

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first instinct would be immobilizer is out of sync, then starter relay... A lot of other things it could be. Here is a good diagnoses video for your situation:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first instinct would be immobilizer is out of sync, then starter relay... A lot of other things it could be. Here is a good diagnoses video for your situation:
Thanks for the reply, i will look into that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts