VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to find if anyone makes a dashboard gauge pods for the mk4 jetta. Ive only seen the ones for the side doors but i have the curtain air bags and i dont think i should but my gauges there.Any help would be great.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have the steering column ons its way for my boost gauge but im looking to put other gauges so i need other options.

·
Registered
745 Posts
how do you like the new south Pod? I just got mine in the mail, not sure if i want to install it or have somebody do it. Did you install it, was it hard?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent got it yet it on its way.Its should be pretty easy.Im going to install it and a turbo timer at the same time. Since im going to have the dash open anyway. But hopefully someone can help me w/ the other pods.

·
Registered
745 Posts
yeah i know it fits perfect but i'm not sure how to run the lines. I saw you guys talking about runnin it off the dv line but the instructions say to run it off the fpr line? what did you do?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dragon:
I already have the steering column ons its way for my boost gauge but im looking to put other gauges so i need other options.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well this makes it a bit more difficult, and limits your options. Check out the NewSouth Performance website again:

NewSouth Performance

They have a panel that you can fit over the earlier monsoon stereo systems (single-din) and looks pretty good. Also, check out the group buy topic here:

Group buy

That setup is another option. And since you are probably getting gauges, you might want to check out this site:

Corrected gauge lighting for Mk4s

And, if you don't mind me asking, how many gauges are you installing?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The single din gauge panels, single and double column pods, and pillar pods are pretty much all you'll be able to find without geting custom work done. There are universal dash mount pod that you can use all but they won't look as nice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would also like to install exshaust gas,oil pressure,and fuel pressure gauges. So hopefully i can find pods that will be visible and no look like crap.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dragon:
i would also like to install exshaust gas,oil pressure,and fuel pressure gauges. So hopefully i can find pods that will be visible and no look like crap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a few different three gauge single din panels available that work if you don't have a double-din monsoon headunit.

I know there are a few out there in black and at least one in brushed aluminum but I can't remember where i saw the alum one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your talking about the empty space above the stereo i do have that,but i dont hink that will be very visible. Id like to find something thats kind of in front of me. That way in dont have to look down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts