VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i have a polished manifold but i still have little scratches on it
i dont no what to do i mean it blings but when i take it out and the sun shines on it you seee scratches galore
i dont no what to do does anyone have any ideas
please let me no
thanks adam

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
probably just fine sand it untill they are completely out. then use some type of chrome polish on it to keep it shining

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Means you did not sand enough with a grit. Or you went down in grit to drasticly (like from 80-180) Go back and redo it starting at like 120. Take your time to get it perfect. Use more water with wet sanding too...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
For metals, I always liked to use polisihing putty, and then you buff it on with a cloth disk on a moto-tool or or a table grinder if you have the part off the car. When I took metals classes in college we always used putty. Contact a jewelry store and they should tell you where to get it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks
i will try the puddy thing i hope it works i dont no why i have these little scratches i did the darn thing and took my like 3 hrs
i did it last week before tuner war
i didnt skip a grit
who knows
thanks for the input
adam

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Each higher grit you use should be used to get the scratches of the previous grit out. Meaning that you are not spending enough time getting all of the scratches out with some grits, or your final sanding paper isn't fine enough. How high did you go Adam?

·
Registered
131 Posts
get some autobody sand paper. like 1500-2000 grit. and use oil with it, and go nutts for like 5 minutes per runner. it will make it less noticeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts