VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just read that volkswagen audi canada aren't offering either Audi RS6(not surprising) or VW R32 to us up here in the igloo!

Why do they torture us like this?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I can understand the RS6 not getting there but i would think that the R32 would make it.
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Is that confimed? Dammit... I hope not.

PS: I am selling my car in about 1/2 a year or so. I am probably going to get 2004 Jetta. We'll see. I had a couple of nice offers for my car which made me really consider doing it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
haha! sry to hear that but that is why Canada sucks! i say, buy down here and drive up there! what part you live in? i would hope its close to the boarder!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Europe has a lot of cars that Canada doesn't get, it SUX! But yes we (Canada) are getting the R32, saw it at the Detroit autoshow, really nice! What does everyone think of the new Toureg that VW is coming out with?

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: mytdi ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
That sucks for you Canucks don't get to enjoy 2 very nice german cars. Can you buy in the states and drive it in Canada like TimmayGTi said? Just wondering. And Thomas...you are really selling the jetta? wow..well, another project must start sometime huh?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i cant wait for teh Toureg to come out! i wanna see the 310 BHP, 500+ ft/lb of torque deasal (SP?) God of all engines! its the only SUV i would want!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
As it stands now the car is sold... my younger brother is going to take ownership in about 6 to 7 months. I just finished discussing it with him about an hour ago. I told him about me selling it and he jumped from joy. You see if I am going to take a loss might as well keep the car in the family.

I have no idea what I will be doing after that.

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
nice man! thats great to hear taht the dub is staying in teh family! its the best way so taht you can see what he does to it and such!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the Toureg is about a year too late. The SUV thing is starting to die down, and now that we are going to war, all those SUV owners are going to regret having such a gas guzzler. I don't have any problems with the Toureg, but it I have a feeling it might not do so well now simply because of the impending doom of constantly rising gas prices. But that is just my 2¢.

Synthogen

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, I wanna see that Diesel too, but I heard they aren't bringing it to the states. Typical "Amaericans don't like diesel" crap. The only way I will buy a SUV is if it is Diesel or Hybrid.. Gas is too expensive for that big of a car.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to the vw dealer today to see if they were going to sell the R32 in canada. As of right now they aren't. They haven't recieved any price information or any dates about it's possible arrival.

I figure if they haven't heard anything yet then it's almost guaranteed that we won't be getting it. Because aren't they already taking orders in the US?

I guess I will drive my diesel for another couple months just in case a miracle happens and we get the R32!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
This is purely Canada's problem, not VW's.

Our government set these stupid regulations that just piss automakers right off.

Pure example was the 959 Porsche. US and Canada said that Porsche has to lower the emissions and Porsche said "NO, we just won't bring the car over". I think there are only a handful collectors of that car in the US and Canada, which they can't drive legally anyway on the roads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts