VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bro-In-Law's 98 Beetle got hit by a Honda yesterday. Civic with a female driver who was pulling into the Chili's where he and a colleague had just stopped to pickup lunch. Colleague opened the door, empty parking spot next to them, and the Honda pulled in and hit the door. Nice dent, still able to close the door and operate the window, etc. Looks like someone's insurance is going to go up. Poor Beetle, it's got cooties now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a friend who wrecked 2 days ago. He has a 89 Honda Accord Hatch and has a good bit of work done on it, all done himself. This other, newer, Accord bolted across 3 lanes of the clear highway and hit him. Tore up a ton of work hes done. Around $600 suspension. Some 1993 Rims he JUST put on there and some of the body kit he was installing(the front bumper). The guy said "we just scraped tires"... Sorry a bit off topic.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah it's ok dude... you're on topic, sort of. Really what it all relates to is careless drivers, not honda vs whatever. It's irony that it was a honda that whacked my bro-in-law's beetle.

I saw the damage, it's a crease dent so it'll be a pain to pull if it can be. Although I told him he should do the same dent on the driver's side and it'd look like a body kit mod. hehe

·
Registered
103 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ2112:
nah it's ok dude... you're on topic, sort of. Really what it all relates to is careless drivers, not honda vs whatever. It's irony that it was a honda that whacked my bro-in-law's beetle.

I saw the damage, it's a crease dent so it'll be a pain to pull if it can be. Although I told him he should do the same dent on the driver's side and it'd look like a body kit mod. hehe
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That could save you the trouble of poping it out.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update... since this has been a bad year for this beetle... it's tranny has been blown and replaced... well it's back in the shop again for a tranny fix. 5th gear was gone. Plus the following repairs: brakes and rotors (not too bad considering it's got 100k miles), and the timing belt is shot, needs an alignment and new tires. all about $2k when all is done... estimated.

When the service guy asked my bro-in-law when he plans on getting rid of the car he replied "I don't see me ever getting rid of it." How's that for dubication?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Thats pretty dedicated, if you ask me. We get customers like that sometimes...every time we recommend work, they find the money for all of it, and their cars stay in tip top shape. Gotta admire those kind of people...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts