VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found someone local selling a porsche bbk, (ecs stage 3) but i cant find replacement rotors online for them, theyre two piece 13" rotors, will brembo 13" rotor hats fit?

the rotors arent shown by themselves although ive heard that you can call ecs and order just rotors if you purchased the kit from them, well i would be buying used, and i do not want to give ecs anymore of my money because of problems ive had

has anyone ran this kit? the kit im looking at doesnt need rotors, i was going to put new pads on just because, but before i buy the kit i want to make sure i can find replacement parts for the kit if i need anything. i have also heard that the rotors have a tendency to crack after some track time. (the main reason i want to locate replacement rotors)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, by the looks of his site, he may be the person i was looking for. I can get all the other parts i would need from porsche part numbers

·
Registered
981 Posts
They dont offer replacements cause ECS rebuilds them In-House.

If memory serves me right, its just about $500 for a rebuild. I have a buddy selling a used set of rotors you could send in.

If the rotors weren't such an expensive hassle to rebuild they'd be on the car now.

Now pics of the brakes or it didnt happen!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im waiting for a response from adamsrotors to see if they have a solution. i would rather stick needles in my eyes than give ecs another dime, im going to post up pics of the kit in question

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Untitled by jreefaddict, on Flickr

the rotors look fine, according to the owner they were only ran for a couple thousand miles. these rotors are single piece though, not sure theyre rebuildable. im wondering if theyre just oem porsche rotors redrilled

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
theyre 13" rotors though, well according to the seller they are. if i decide to pick them up im taking a ruler with me, if theyre not 332mm rotors, im going home without them

·
Registered
981 Posts
dont bother, those are DEF the 312mm rotors. The only 13in rotor would be r32 rotors and they dont look anything like thatplus 13.1mm r32 rotors are floating rotors.

I would still pick up the kit if its a reasonable price. HEck the calipers look great and barely used. You can never find red boxster calipers in good shape.

Like I said before, this is a GREAT upgrade. Especially for the price! honestly its just as fun as the ecs stg5 kit. Just more reasonable stopping power for the street without paying the crazy bbk prices.

Heck replacement rotors are cheaper than pads!?! hahaha Fukn can chime in eventually, hes been in my car and has a wilwood 4pot kit to compare to.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hes asking 900, said the lowest he can go is 700, he specifically said he has the 13" rotors which either means someone ripped him and he doesnt know or hes trying to rip me

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what do you guys thing a fair price is? as far as im concerned its 1/2 a used bbk. i may just run my ebc yellows and drilled/slotted rotors instead. that way ill still clear 15s so i can put slicks on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts