VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be picking up a set of hollow spoke twists tomorrow for an insanely good deal. They are 18x9 et52 all around. All the threads I have looked at regarding fitment and adapters seem to all be running the staggered setup with 7.5/10 or something similar. I am trying to figure out if the 9s are a little too wide for the front, and also what size adapters I should buy. I am lowered about 2" or so on coils. I do not mind to raise the car a little to fit if I have to.

Also, any idea what size tires I should look into? Hate super stretched tires, but do not mind a little stretch and/or a little wheel poke. No idea where to start with tire size since this will be my first stretched wheel setup.

Car is an 02 glx jetta.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
And you will need good stretch to fit 9's up front due to needing low offsets. I would do 215/40's all around.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I picked up the wheels today and they are actually 7.5/9 setup. Fronts are et 50 and rears are et52. Looking at adapters and trying to figure out if I should get H&R or 42DD or if there are any others companies to look at. Seems like most places sell spacers and not adapters.

Also, how hard would it be to polish these things? I will try and post up a pic or two tonight.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finish isn't too bad, so I guess I will just leave them. Any idea where I would be able to sell racing tires at instead of craigslist?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts