VW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found these wheels on craigslist. They aren't far from me and are super cheap. They do have some rash if you look at the pictures but does it seem like they are recoverable? If so I would like to pick these up. I've always liked these and they are the best deal I've seen in a while. BTW you have to look ALL the way down to see the picture... 17" wheel set audi vw

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
top right looks pretty banged up, but with some sanding i bet it would look fine. If you go get those we should meet up, I live in St. Peters.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking pretty heavily on it! I'm waiting for Fukn since hes done work like this before. I just don't wanna get something that isn't recoverable ya know? I'll put some hard work into it if they seem worth it. I might even see if he will come down a tad since I have to drive up there. If I do I'll make sure to get a hold of you so we can meet up!

·
Registered
409 Posts
those are definitly recoverable, but it's gonna take some elbow grease. that's a good deal for a set of wheels. if you got the money i'd say go for it

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly this is my thread! And I personally think 17s look fine. Hell I've seen some cars with 16s that aren't bad. But I've seen those wheels on several Jettas and what not and I think they look great. Especially if I decided to use them as winter wheels later on in my car's life. Tom... send me a pm with your email that way if something bad happens I can still contact you for a meet :p

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,443 Posts
how did i miss this?!?!? anyway thos wheels look fine. a little rashed up but fixable. $150 is a steal. you could fix them and flip the for $400 atleast.

about the arguing. just stop. i dont want to ban you guys.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
jesus guys.. come on..

anyway..

inferno sorry i didnt get back to ya yet about this.. you could always follow my diy for wheel refinishing if you wanted to paint them a certain color.. but as far as doing a polish you will actually have to sand the hell out of them to fix them to be no rash / full polish.. personally.. i like the paint route.. its an easier way to fix them and still have a good looking wheel.. you know where the diy is if you so chose to go that route.
overall i like the wheels.. and they are definately salvageable. if you do get them and want to go the paint route and arent sure of anything in the diy or how to do something.. just let me know.. ill help ya out anyway i can.

** went through and further edit / deleted everything that was not relevant to inferno's post about the wheels**

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys lol...
But sadly I called the guy because I was going to go get them and he said he already sold them. I told him they were still up for sale on craigslist and told him he needed to take it down if they were gone and he apologized. I was pretty bummed because I was potential in those wheels and they were affordable.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I don't wanna jump the gun... if anything I will rock the stock 16s one more winter and save up for something nice in spring. Unless I come across a deal I can't refuse. What really has me nervous right now is my roommate might be moving and if so then the job I just got to pay for dub stuff might have to go to full rent... I'm slightly aggravated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.