VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i have factory manual windows in my 95 jetta, i want to throw in power ones, preferably for under 200, any thoughts or am i just dreaming?

thanks

josh

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i will

·
Registered
49 Posts
What if you already have CRAPPY power windows and want to upgrade to better parts??
What if you want to revert back to the "old school" roll up windows?

·
Registered
466 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GriefOneNYC:
What if you already have CRAPPY power windows and want to upgrade to better parts??
What if you want to revert back to the "old school" roll up windows?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trade with Jman9895, both problems solved!

[ October 31, 2003: Message edited by: SilverGolfCart ]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I"M IN if u want my roll down windows ur wecome to them...... where do u live? maybe we can meet up to trade

·
Registered
38 Posts
im wondering i have a 97 gti and it has like a power lock in the dash but when i press it nuthin happens the button is located right under the heater controls and stuff any one know if theres works and mines jus broken or is it jus there to bug you sayin go spend some money and get this put in or what?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do your power locks work at all? like when you lock the vehicle from the front door locks outside do they lock all four doors? From my understanding, the lock button in the dash was suopposed to function. I'm guessing it's either a lose wire or plug, for starters, you could try taking out that panel and seeing if the button is even connected. Sometimes the connectors pop out when they are moved. Has any work been done on the interior of the car recently?

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
not to jack the post, but 97gti most likly ur promlem is a vacume leak, becuz i had the same problem, the vacum for mine was located right were the trunk opens.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwspeed97:
not to jack the post, but 97gti most likly ur promlem is a vacume leak, becuz i had the same problem, the vacum for mine was located right were the trunk opens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Derek what are u talking about?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts