VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When at my dealer i believe my salesperson said that you don't really need to run premium and can run 87 octane...

I just wanted to make sure that i could do this or at least run mid-grade.

Thanks,
OmegaHack

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, my bad i was gonna put the engine there but forgot, its the 1.8T

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks,
OmegaHack

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Run Premium only!

The 1.8T engine is designed to run on a minimum 91 octane rating fuel.

You can fill it with Regular in an emergency, but thats it. If you look on your filler door, it says "Premium Fuel Only"....only fill it with premium.

Continuously running the car on Regular gas will foul the spark plugs and intake valves, and your engine will begin to misfire...believe me, I see it day in and day out at work (I'm a VW Tech). Customers really don't like having to pay me to decarbonize their combustion chambers and replace their spark plugs due to not running premium fuel, because that service is not covered under warranty...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interesting i wonder why he said that then, oh well i will still only be putting in like 50 bucks a month worth and i get 3 cents off every gallon at kwik trip.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i talked to my service manager at my local vw dealer and he said that running 89 octane is okay as long as you follow up with 91 octane occasionally.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I never put less then 91 in my car. P E R I O D.

Go and ask you dealer if it is ok to put in Leaded fuel... let's see what he/she says. LMAO

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you love your dub....then put in Premium ++++ if you don't care...put in what ever you like. And also, if you drive your car hard...i would say premium or higher !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts