VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to chip my stock '03 1.8T and i was wondering about a few things. First, are there any necessary mod's to do before i chip?(dv, intake, etc.) Also, I live in Chicago and its just starting to get cold, should i wait for summer to chip or would it not matter that much? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
depending on the chip, you might need to get a different fuel pressure regulater, either way though i would start by buying an intake and exhaust to maximize the performance of a chip, maybe some help from the folks with a turbo on the fpr?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Some people will change their DV to a Stratmosphere or comparable. Your stock one is fine, however. Most people replace the exhaust (cat back is fine) and drop in a K&N filter. Sometimes APR will run a special - buy chip and get their exhaust 10-15% off. The season doesn't matter too much for chips, but there have been cold start issues for some of the manufactures out there. I'd wait until the warm weather. You can do much with all the snow anyway! Normally there are specials during the spring, so if you can wait to get a good deal.

[ November 07, 2003: Message edited by: Emily ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts