VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2002 GTI at my local CarMax. I forgot to check the milage on it, but its a VR6 Motor, Leather interior, CD player, and I think thats a bout all the options. They had it listed at about $14900. I tried looking it up on the net, but it's not listed on their site for some reason. So is that a reasonable price for the car? I know it doesn't have over 70k miles on it.

[ January 26, 2004: Message edited by: OneManLan ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
You can find a better deal than that. I was asking $14,000 when I was selling mine, I would have taken $13,000. That was with 53k and a few thousand dollars in mods.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i got mine...2001 1.8T fully loaded basically with only 11,000 miles on it for like 16500 or so. it was listed at 17,900 tho...you should prolly check up on those miles tho theres a difference between 40000 and 70000 ya know...ur call tho

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Zach bought his fully loaded (Every option, but leather) 4dr Golf 1.8t w/ 40,000 miles for 10.5k.. U can find a better deal keep looking, check out the `tex classifides

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
carmax is over priced... the only thing is that you know ur getting a quality car from them... i have a friend that works there and tells me all the crap the examine on the cars

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
If you weren't in Alabama, I'd hook you up with the Palisades VW friends and family discount. It wouldn't be the price I get it for, but would be significantly cheaper.

A used VR6 in my opinion is a much safer buy over a used 1.8T...if you look at a Turbo car, make sure they provide maintenance records...if the oil isn't changed frequently, bad things happen to those engines...I have done 2 oil pumps in the past week at work because people don't change their damn oil. Its good to get maintenance records with any car you buy though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts