VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: I have been replacing my spindles but havent got new abs sensors to put back in them. When i turned my car on after doing this, my abs light was on, the other traction light, and a flashing brake light that beeps 3 times when i turn the car on.

I dont think the brake light has anything to do with the tpms but i could be wrong. But now when i turn on my air condition and then hit the recirculation button, a different beeping sound that i associate with my ebrake being up while driving sounds until 1. the car stops 2. i turn the recirculation button off.

It doesnt matter if turn the air off, i have to press the recirculation button again for the sound top stop. Very odd... :rocket:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I get the other spindle in I'm going to redo the entire braking system, unless something breaks before then.

I think I may have been sold a bad axle, as I have heavy vibrations even under low acceleration. The car almost feels like it is coming apart at heavy acceleration. At a constant speed I don't feel it or when i brake but I'm gentle on my braking. Not sure what to do at this point since I have literally replaced every part of the suspension including the subframe. Been really busy lately but once i get some free time i will get it back in the air and try to diagnose it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts