VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i put on a turboxs manual boost contoller and i have it set at 15 pounds but no matter where i set it at my car will spike to the amount of boost set at but once it hits that psi it bleeds off. Now i narrowed it down to it being my diverter valve but i thought that on completely stock they can handle a little more boost. It feels like the dv is just letting pressure out little by littl. Now i know i can replace it but is there anything i can do to keep it closed or replace it with maybe a wrx dv or somethin of that sort?....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, now that i know that what can i do to fix it!I'm talking like can i pick up a dv from another type of car like from a junkyard haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea that is a good site because it gave me an idea. Has anybody ever modded there diverter valve to stiffer the spring or is it not happenen

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
The TT's DV has a stiffer spring. The OEM Vw one is set to 8.9lb(I think) while the TT is 14.7(I think). Don't hold me to those exact numbers but that might be a cheep fix for the time being, but you will want to invest in an aftermarket DV eventually.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the TT DV is the same one that comes on 03 gtis, the 710N diverter valve

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
And there is no spring in sthe stick diverter valves either....they are a diaphragm design valve, not a piston/spring type design.

·
Registered
223 Posts
BIG DONG i was gonna ask u if u have the boost valve thing. if im not mistaking I remember somewhere in the previous post about u having one. anyway if so DO u still spike from time to time. like 1st 2nd gear pull to readline with no prob Im boosting like 19-20 psi then it settles at like 18 but once i hit third it pulls till like 5000+ and I just get a total loss of power I can really feal like double the lost i know the car is capable of duing really good in high end higher speed but i hate this spiking shit and loss of power throughout the gears I also have the bailys divertervalve and I have the boost valve im chipped with upsolute n I have the EVO cold air and tt turbo back exhaust. thanks in advance if there is anything else that I need to change so i dont have power loss let me know guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts