VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Zach crashed his Lil red golf I took my HKS SSQV off of it. He had been using it, because, well i spent more time in his car. It was loud and responsive. Today I put it back on my A4 (Audi) and its almost scilent, There is the faintest of woooshs but not that high pitched noise. I'v tunned the valve and tightened everything down, only thing I can think of is mabye There is a vacume leak...
Can anybody else think of another possible problem?

-Dakoda

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Too many e-brake turns? (j/k) Honestly, I can't think of anything, unless it got damaged in the wreck.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
What PSI are you running and what PSI was he running? i know when i go from stock to 93 octane program there is a diffrence in sound.
jon

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We both have the APR chip...tonight im gonna go through the whole vacume system. I know it wasn't damaged, becauses it wasn't really moved from its location. I had a GFB hybrid valve on before, and it was almost completely sclient. I heard it faintly, once a mounth so thats why im thinking its vacume related,or mabye there is a boost leak, my car seems extremly sloow, but thats normal for the 3130lb a4...

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
you got your vacuum line hooked up to the right place? Manifold vacuum is where it should be. If it's hooked up anywhere before the throttle body it wont open.

It's not such a bad thing that you can't hear it though... the HKS SSQ sounds like someone is raping a cat.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I happen to love pulling up beside a ricer car and letting one scream when pulling away, I love to see the necks snap as people look around for its orgion, Even tho its from my POS

And yes the line is the same one that goes into the stock DV location so its not that...it has to me a pinch, or leak...

[ December 10, 2003: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
A 98 Audi is a POS?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's slow as hell. Chip made it much better. I have alot of money to throw at it, so by spring it shouldn't be a pos anymore

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Just to clarify. A Cavalier is a POS, any year and model. A Neon is a POS(excluding possibly the SRT-4). A Chrystler K-car is a POS. A Ford Maveric is a POS.

A 98 Audi may be slow, but that doesn't qualify it as a POS, unless the interior is ragged and the paint is screwed.

Just my opinion, but we need to keep our dictionary of automotive slang concise.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Just to clarify. A Cavalier is a POS, any year and model. A Neon is a POS(excluding possibly the SRT-4). A Chrystler K-car is a POS. A Ford Maveric is a POS.

A 98 Audi may be slow, but that doesn't qualify it as a POS, unless the interior is ragged and the paint is screwed.

Just my opinion, but we need to keep our dictionary of automotive slang concise.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...my car has shitty paint, small scratches everywhere, the guy that owned it before me just have been a jackass, he backed into, or got ass ended and it took a gouge out of if rear valance. Its not a POS but its noting special

I found the problem, last night i went to check the vacume system, the first line i grabbed cracked in half, it rotted out, i used some duct tape
and that helped alittle.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
you got your vacuum line hooked up to the right place? Manifold vacuum is where it should be. If it's hooked up anywhere before the throttle body it wont open.

It's not such a bad thing that you can't hear it though... the HKS SSQ sounds like someone is raping a cat.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the way, I'd be intrested to know where you heard a cat being raped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts