VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 vw jetta glx with a vr6
my prolem is when i sit a a stop light at idel some times the rpms dip like 200 to 300 rpm any ideas whats wrong another thing is when i really stomp on the gas some times the whole car just jerks like the engin is chokeing or something i think it might just need a tune up but if any one has a good idea of whats wrong please let me know

·
Registered
131 Posts
ive heard alot of these. you have the standard reply usually...

check airfilter, see if its dirty.
plugs/wires
run some fuel injection cleaner
or its your timing, get a tune up
check vaccum lines/breather hoses

there are more but those are the cheaper things i would do first. hope it helps a little,
Zak

·
Registered
1 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vw for life:
i got a 95 vw jetta glx with a vr6
my prolem is when i sit a a stop light at idel some times the rpms dip like 200 to 300 rpm any ideas whats wrong another thing is when i really stomp on the gas some times the whole car just jerks like the engin is chokeing or something i think it might just need a tune up but if any one has a good idea of whats wrong please let me know
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
161 Posts
i had the same problem with my 95 golf. check your catalytic converter, air box filter/cone filter (whatever you have), plugs and wires. mine ended up being my plugs and wires. i fried them. hope this helps.peace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts