VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - first time poster here.

We have a 2002 GLX Jetta with the VR6 that was purchased in July. It's got the new version of the VR6 (the one with the funky oil filter). Took it in for warranty work and told them that the protective sheild that goes under the engine isnt there. The service guy says that only the TDi comes with it now. Any truth to that??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm beginning to think I am the only one on this forum with a 2002 Jetta with the new VR6.......

Hellooooooo - is anyone else out there that has this car???

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sorry, 1.8T here.
How do you like your Climat Controls? I heard they revised them on the 2002?
I could be wrong.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have a 02 VW VR6 with the climatronic. The one thing that bothers me is that it does not say inside temp. So i have 2 indicators telling me the outside temp and non that state the inside temp. Otherwise i've been very happy, usually keep it dialed in around 69

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ours has the climatronic which I do like although I find the display a bit hard to see but it's probably cause I need the seat up pretty far since I'm only 5'2". Keep it around 70 in the winter and 76 in the summer. It is weird how you have two displays of the outside temp but none of the inside.

So far love the car. I've put most of the 6800 miles on it since July. Only thing that bothers me is the transmission (5 speed automatic) has alot of whine to it.

Jenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts