VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to lay sound deadening on the floor of my Jetta, and I don't see at first glance how the seats come out.
Help?
also how hard is dash removal?

·
Registered
180 Posts
taking your seats out is really easy... look under the front of your seat in the center where the handle for the slider is connected, you'll see a bolt with a nut fastened onto the metal bracket... this nut prevents the seat from sliding out of the runners when it is moved back... remove that bolt... next look at the back of your seat and at the end of the runners you'll see two plastic pieces... the inner plastic piece has a small plastic peg that gets pushed out and then can be removed, the top of the outer plastic piece needs to be pryed up and then can be removed... once that is all done just slide the seat back as far as you can and it will slide out of the runners, just make sure you dont' get it snagged on the carpet... i hope this makes sense.....

as for your dash ... its fairly simple as long as you keep track of the screws and are VERY patient... i just finished replaceing my heater core... man was that a pain in the ass...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect.
Now the air conditioning leak on the floor thing. I know its common, but whats the cheap fix?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts