VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I really hope it's ok that i post this here, but I could use some quick help.

My dad has a black 99 Mercedes SL 500...

this weekend I took it for a spin and parked it outside, nicely, in the shade...

and bam! out of a neighbor's yard, a sprinkler.

Now half the hood is covered with some big waterspots which have been sitting for a couple days.

My dad loves his car but knows nothing of car care, and seeing how this is my fault and i love the car, I want to get it fixed.

Should I definitely have the spots removed as soon as possible? Or is it ok to leave them on and remove 'em later. I talked to a detailer today who might be able to use clay to get them off... so if I have time I will take the car to that shop tomorrow.

What should I be looking for? Will the entire car need to be detailed or can just this spot be fixed after a nice wash? And will it get worse over time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I doubt you would even have to wax it if they are only water marks. However, a good wax is never a bad idea. What color is it? And yes it can sit without any problems...again IF it is only water on the car. Hasn't he ever taken it out in the rain?

·
Registered
125 Posts
is this dude being sarcastic, yeah along with the other guy, you can give it to me, i'll take it off your hands

1 - 6 of 6 Posts