VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

Glad to know that you have a great site here for the VW cars.

My wife got a 2001 GTi 1.8T w/ auto. There's a problem about the oil. When I made a sharp turn the other day, the oil light turned on and "beep" for couple seconds. I checked the oil level and found that it's NOTHING!!!!
I had the oil changed about 4000 miles ago, so what's the deal here? Is it a "normal" and "known" problem? I did not see any oil stains on the ground of my garage. Does it leak internally?

I will ask my wife bring the car in for oil change and inspection.

pls help out

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
mine doesn't leak a drip. Ive heard of this problem on the 2.0's, but not for the 1.8T's. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have heard of the PCV valve on 1.8T's leaking oil and causing this. It may be worth a look to see if this it the cause. Look at this diagram and you can see where the valve is. Good luck.

Edit - Another way to see if this is the cause is looking inside of the intake track and seeing if there is excessive oil in there. This is easily done by looking inside the intercooler, as it essentially acts as a trap for any oil in the intake track before it hits the intake manifold.

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dong,

I will take a look tonight...btw,
if PCV is the problem, I won't see the oil drop on the ground of my garage, right?

Thanks again

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts