VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick one for you. How do you all feel about decals on dubs? I have a few on my back window right now, but I wanna take em off and have them on the lower part of my doors above the side skirts from front to back, do you think that would look alright or would it be too rice? Also your opinions on graphic vinyl

·
Registered
466 Posts
Personally I like the car clean, without the decals. Why don't you try to photo shop the decals on, then post the two pics together too see what people like the best? In the end it's your decision.

[ December 23, 2003: Message edited by: SilverGolfCart ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I'm not a fan of decals for the most part. If you're not getting paid to have the sticker on there.. then don't is my rule. The under side of the hood is where decals go. If you were to have small decals cut from grey vinyl and put them over your side skirts... they'd be cool, but no colors.

As far as vinyl graphics; just don't forget the "Powered by Honda" decal, if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I don't mind stickers if they are small and same color as the car. i have 4 on mine, two small VWForum.com on the back doors. the V spot on the windshield on Pass side and member sticker on drivers side.
jon

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
i have the 7" vwforum.com decals on my back two windows, my member badge next to my vin #, and the vspot on my hatch glass...representin'

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
decals = civic

like it was said above if your not getting paid to have the sticker on your car then forget it. my friend has a performance shop decal on his rear window in the corner but he gets good deals on stuff so it's okay to have it there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
personally stickers on the side of the car seem a little too ricey for me, I have a VW logo on each of my back windows, but I feel that having a having a clean EURO is much better than arrogantly flaunting the mods you have done to the car by advertising for the companies right on the side of your Dub....IMHO

·
Registered
777 Posts
i have 2 decals on the outside of my car, one small vwforum.com in the middle of the bottom of the back window and a members sticker on the drivers side bottom of the windshield, and helllll noooo vinyl sucks, only airbrush, vinyl is rice

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
If you thinks it looks good, then do it. Don't worry about anyone else. Nothing wrong with a few stickers, might save you some questions from people.

·
Registered
146 Posts
remember, decals add 2hp to begin with, 5 if theyre in japanese, and 10 if theyre in german

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Back window of my truck has a bunch of stickers... Bahn Brenner, New Dimensions, European Car, ABD, NRA... but it's my truck, so it needs stickers.

My car however has two stickers on the back window, and both of them have reasons to be there. There's a 32" European Performance Solutions sticker because it's my business. And there's a www.davesport.com sticker because he's my friend and he hooks me up.

Other than that I just see stickers as telling the guy in the dark parking lot what to steal.

[ December 24, 2003: Message edited by: Fourt1thirty ]

·
Registered
466 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
Other than that I just see stickers as telling the guy in the dark parking lot what to steal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's if you actually have more than just some stickers.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:

Other than that I just see stickers as telling the guy in the dark parking lot what to steal.

[ December 24, 2003: Message edited by: Fourt1thirty ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is very true. if you show people what you got done to your car, than its like an invitation for them to rip it off. I have vwforum stickers on either side of my rear windows-I had them cut in reverse-so I mounted them on the inside-so they wouldnt get all crapped up by the winter and all. I have the members badge on the drivers side of the windshield, and a flat black ECD sticker on the inside of my hood. I like it clean myself, but its all up to you.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just don't have Decals like "Revo Chipped, APR, blahb lah blah" When your car is still under warrenty
It just gives it out to the dealer that your car is chipped...and assuming you want your warrenty to be voided

[ December 31, 2003: Message edited by: GTI 1.8T ]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts