VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got the 2.0 and i want to swap in a VR6 with a stage 2 turbo. Do i need a new tranny? and do i need to replace the ECU? and what else do i need to change in the car for this to work? EIP said with the stage 2 it will make over 350hp! Thanks your help guys!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'm not sure what all the parts you'll need are, but most likley since you have a 2.0 now, you'll need a donor engine, new ECU and wiring harnes, new trany to hold all the power, motor mounts, a new clutch then you'll need all the parts for the turbo. I'm sure there are many other parts you need too. If you really want to do it this way, look for a wreaked car with the engine and all the parts (same style model). What i would do instead is i would be get a used car with the VR6 then get a turbo/supercharger. Most likley it will cost alot less that way. Just my .02
jon

[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Talk to custom import performance .They will be able to answer your questions.They are members here!If you want to go fast ,talk to them and they give great service .

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
yea, with the swap and turbo, you could probably sell your car, buy a new one with a vr6, and then buy the turbo kit for the same amount of money. You're gonna need new front suspension as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts