VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off it sounds great, second, i have to drive to columbus, GA tomarrow and was worried about the loud hum i got out of my ranger and like we still get out of the trans am, and there is none, the exhaust sounds almost factory unless you are excelerating, and im not sure, but i just got my oil changed and put in fuel injector cleaner, so it could be that, but before when i was at 80 mph i was a little less than a cm above 3000 rpm (id guess 3350rpm) now when im driving about 80 it sits at like 3150rpm, its probable a combo of the 3 considering the exhaust dosent really have much to do with motor speed, but i just figured id say somthing, anyway, i took it to this shop and after an hour of waiting they told me id have to take it somewhere else to get it done, i got pissed, i knew a guy that worked there that used to be in the same mini-truck club i was so i just asked if i could more or less do it myself, just use their lift, so me and the jason (the guy who was in the club with me) did it all, i really dident want to do it myself, but with a lift its really pretty easy.... oh yea, if you have a jetta without the cutout, dont spend 100 bucks on the 4-motion valence, you can get the one from VW for $55.00 US, from your dealer... very very worth the money! ill post pics later!! thanks again raf for helping me make up my mind, this is EXACTALLY what i was looking for, that means the greddy probably wouldent have been!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Don't EVER doubt the Raf! I'll have pics posted tonite... Sucka. I think i'm at 2600 rpm at 65 in 5th. I'll double check on my drive home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts