VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dubbers, the moment we have all waited for has arrived, Volkswagen has announced that the R32 golf will be available stateside late this summer, I don't know about any of you but I am about ready to shit myself. I want one, unfortunatly they are only releasing around five thousand this year, could be this be the sad goodbye to the Jetta? (www.vwforum.com for details)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I agree, db. The Jetta/Bora is way too popular to be phased out. Not that VW has to but all it could to is introduce the CJ in the North America and BOOOOM another revolution. I really do love the R32, but if there would be a Jetta R32 it would be a tossup all over again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats not what i meant, i was wondering if this would be the end of MY jetta

·
Registered
844 Posts
R32.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Ok, so is it ONLY going to be offered in Blue??? If so, that sucks. Like the 337 for example, I would have gotten one of those, but THEY'RE ALL SILVER!!!!! Not that there's anything wrong with silver, it's just, if I wanted to be like every other Joe (or John) out there, I'd go get a freakin SUV!!! But I'm not like all the other Joe's (or John's) out there, so I don't want to have the same car as them. But now I've rambled on long enough, time to sell my soul to the Devil for the first R32 in America (or Texas, I'd be happy with either).

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
damnit! this sucks! i am going to be in Bootcamp in late summer! wait, is late summer after July 10th? please be a no! i really wanna see one! i have already sold my soul, but i will sell my left nut for one! i swear! i will! please, just let me have one! that all i ask! oh yeah, are they also coming inf 4 door, or just 2?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Late summer typically means August, sorry Timmay. I think I'll stick with the ol' GTI myself, Im already in debt, and I want to save up for when they bring the RS6 over
. Anyway, it will be nice to have over here, but its not for me.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Anyway, it will be nice to have over here, but its not for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just want the body kit and the AWD. Other than that, my 1.8 does wonderfully!!!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yeah I love my car, but damn it would be sweet to own one. dual tail pipes, a sweet body, 3.2L, & 4-motion,mmmmmmmm, and the sound...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
damnit! damnit!!!!!!! oh well, gives me something to look forward to, well, that and to be called a MARINE! anyways, yeah i dont really want one for like 40G's anywho, to much for me!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
So your joinin up, huh Timmay? Congratulations!

You do our country proud by your sacrifice, and I honor you for that.
Are you planning any specialty? My best friend from college is flying f-16's now.

Anyway, congrats, and God be with you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
all the new cars that are upcoming "competitors" such as the R32, new STi, Lancer, new Focus, Neon SRT, all those cars wont be worth the money. either the neon or the Focus will probably be the best for the $$$. the R32 will have crazy dealer markup. same recaro seats the 337 has, not the badass Konigs like the euro spec one, and it will only be available in 4-door form i think. i'd rather spend 35-40k on my mk2 and make it nicer in every category than those cars. sorry, this whole R32 thing has been getting out of controll. atleast volkswagen is TRYING to build a decent car. BRING BACK THE MK1!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
well, i am joining the Marine Reserves and i get to drive hummers around and other vehicals! i am a driver! yay! man, i just wish that i could see an R32 b4 i went. oh well, dont always get what you want.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I went to that NorCal and SoCal GTG the other day and they had an R32 there! AND it was SILVER. It was really nice, sounded like it had a turbo on it, but I didn't see one. I didn't get to see it drive either, but I know it is from somewhere up in the Bay Area(San Francisco) and they do drive it cuz it had California plates. I unfortunately didn't bring a camera so I don't have any pictures but it looked really nice. One other thing that caught my eye were the headlights. They looked different, but I don't know exactly what made them different from the ones on current MkIV's.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I don't think that was a real R32 as it isn't even sold here yet. It could be a mod MK4 golf so that it looks the same.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
the headlights on the R32 are HID i believe. personally, i think they dont look very sexy, i mean, they poke out and such, but its ok cuz htey are nice! and the rest of hte car way makes up for them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was a real R32 imported to the US and on loan from VW in Germany. But I am not sure what company it was that had imported it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts