VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car looks like it would be a blast (although it's too bad they don't make it in a 4-door). Not only would this car be great stock I would think that it would have a lot of potential for those of you who like to tweak things. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
267 Posts
i'm pretty sure in europe the r32 comes 4 door... but with how much i read, i very well could be mistaken. i love the r32, all wheel drive -- mmmmmmmmm -- i can't wait till they are realeased here and i get to see one of those baby's in real life...

"you can take the girl outa the volkswqagen, but you can't take the volkswagen outa the girl"

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i love the r32 but i wish it had a little more power. it's main competitors the evo 8 and wrx sti are pushing way more power, 271 hp and 300hp!

but the dsg option is amazing! only if i had the money for it!

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
777 Posts
I AGREE, THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT A TURBO ON IT....

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 1point8T:
[QB]i love the r32 but i wish it had a little more power. it's main competitors the evo 8 and wrx sti are pushing way more power, 271 hp and 300hp!

but the dsg option is amazing! only if i had the money for it!
I don't know much about the EVO 8 but you can at least feel better knowing that the 3.2 V6 in the R32 will last much longer than any turbocharged scubadoo. It also won't sound like crap after about 40-50k miles
. The 3.2 also has a lot more potential left in it I would say. But I'm not expert thats for sure....

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
I noticed that awful sound on some WRX's that drive by and in parkin lots, but it's only some. What's the deal with that shitty noise!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you probably are hearing is the actual driveshaft or just that sound that a Subaru makes...kinda weird I know. But back on this topic hands down R32 well worth it. Car speaks quality, design and styling. A pure Euro gem in my book. Still debating where I'm going to park mine

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well i from what i read, overall between the three cars mentioned, the R32 won best overall for performance and comfort. Even in the lap comp. i think it only came in about a second behind the other two which isn't to shabby.
jon

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight VR6:
I AGREE, THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT A TURBO ON IT....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i heard somewhere that the mk5 R32 will be a 3.2L turbo engine

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:

i heard somewhere that the mk5 R32 will be a 3.2L turbo engine
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What year will those start appearing? Hopefully I'll be making more money by then

[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
What year will those start appearing? Hopefully I'll be making more money by then

[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: Tommunist ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

later 2004 or early 2005.

in all honesty the evo and sti have both great engines that have lasted them a long time. i know for a fact that the 2.0L turbocharged engine in the evo has been around for about a good 10 years. so it is not necessary to worry about quality on evo's. plus there are many performance options for the evo. i've seen some pushing almost 600 horsepower.

·
Registered
413 Posts
from what I hear the tuning ability is pretty damn good, supposedly a chip and exhaust can get it to 270 (possibly 290 with more tuning). can't remember where I read that, but a 30hp gain is damn nice on a N/A engine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
oh yea, and some in some Austrailian race, the top two cars were lightweight R32s, beating out many STis and EVO8s. unfortunately one of the drivers ran head on into a wall and died.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts