VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
spank i thought you said you knew for sure that an american rabbit weights around 1900. i thought that was a little high but maybe im wrong. hey maybe we should go down to the recycling center and see. is there really a difference in a american euro rabbit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Dunno about "official," but my original 1976 Brochure lists the Rabbit as weighing 1830 pounds. I am sure that is without A/C, etc. And I am sure it is 2 door. I know the US made ones weigh closer to 2000 pounds. I have hear 1940 for the Non AC GTI's... But I suppose you should just have it weighed. I think a full tank of gas probably weighs 30 pounds or so, but if your car is rusty, look at that as "weight reduction..."

quote from dbried on vortex

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Per the 1984 Rabbit sales brochure, 2011 lbs

...and from Kim Hoff's site http://members.aol.com/kimhoff
Curb Weight 2100 lbs
Weight Distribution F/R 64.3/35.7 %

...and from http://e30m3performance.com/rabbit/rabbit.html : Curb Weight = 1950 lbs

...andfrom the Vortex "Ever since the introduction of the original light-makes-right 1983 A1 GTI for the American market, auto enthusiasts have been seeking a suitable replacement. The original Rabbit-based GTI weighed in at a 1850 pounds while producing 110 horsepower and 109 lb./ft. of torque to create a favorable power to weight ratio well ahead of the competition in the early '80's."

...andfrom 1983 Car and Driver :
Specifications:
Vehicle type front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 3-door sedan
Base price $7995
Engine type(s) 4-in-line, iron block and aluminum head, Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection
Displacement 109 cu in, 1781 cc
Power (SAE net) 90 bhp @ 5500 rpm
Transmission(s) 5-speed
Wheelbase 94.5 in
Length 155.3 in
Curb weight 2100 lbs
EPA fuel economy, city driving 26 mpg

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
1800 with me in it and half a tank of gas. My car was a factory stripper though with radio delete, lighter delete, other stuff delete. This is with heavy seats and bumpers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
ok today we went down to the reclcing (sp)center and got my car weighed it was 1780 with no back seat and euro bumpers with half a tank of gas and no driver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts