VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wondered this and maybe you guys can help me out, obviously, race seats look and perform awesome, however I really like the heated/moving seats in my car, do any of you know if it is possible to integrate either one of or both the seat heaters and motors that move the OEM seats with aftermarket race seats? It if it possible to have heated Sparcos or something I have there 100% Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Talk to Carson (GTIVR62801) about the Euro seats he purchased. He has Recaros that look like the 20AE ones, but they are a little narrower. They look awesome, and they are heated.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Indeed, I do have German spec Heated Side Airbag Recaro seats. They actually grab you tighter than the 20thAE/337 seats for some reason.

In my opinion, if your car came with the side air bags, you should keep em in there. But thats just the way I feel.

I lost my picture link when I quit my car club, and I haven't figured out how to use ftp on my free file server, so until I do, if someone wants to host a pic of the seats, let me know and Ill send it along.

If you are interested in these seats, I obtained them from Bill at Custom Import Performance in East Stroudsburg, PA. His screen name here on VWF and on the 'tex is Blitzkrieg Tuners.

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: GTIVR62801 ]

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Also (and this warrants its own reply):

My friend Phil has a '96 Audi A4 in which he installed FK Race seats. He custom mounted the seats on his stock seat's power adjustable bases, and furthermore, he bought a couple S4 seats to turn into office chairs...he removed the heating elements from the S4 seats and installed them in the race seats...its real nice.

But also, his car didn't have side airbags or side curtain airbags...only Driver and Passenger front bags.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Drive a few miles in a real race seat. Your ass being cold will be the last of your worries. Your back starts to hurt, and if they fit right... you've probably got a fart trapped in there somewhere providing heat anyway. Your ass kinda pops into a real race seat.

My Sparco Corsas weight in at a light 14lbs each, add heaters and power stuff and you start missing the point.

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
I like my cheapo velour seats. I know they have no support for spirited driving but thats what knees and elbows are for.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

raf you have a smart comment for everything! you wouldent know anyway with your gay stock 2.0......

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Lol, I offered to sell Raf the '03 Black/Grey GTI Sport cloth seats I had, but a guy from Vortex bought em. I don't think he was dissapointed with em, either.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hey Carson, these were the set from the group buy right? I'm happy with my sport seats for now, but I really dig those black sport cloth Recaros with the airbags and heaters; might have to get a set someday...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
Righto, Alex. Also, I forgot to tell you that I shipped your tail lights...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet. thanks Carson!

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
Drive a few miles in a real race seat. Your ass being cold will be the last of your worries. Your back starts to hurt, and if they fit right... you've probably got a fart trapped in there somewhere providing heat anyway. Your ass kinda pops into a real race seat.

My Sparco Corsas weight in at a light 14lbs each, add heaters and power stuff and you start missing the point.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

id have to agree, im kinda getting into OEM tuning, but if your gonna get aftermarket race seats, get some good ones, and mount them so it feels perfect for YOU to drive, the WS-6 trans-am we used to have had adjustable/heated race seats that you could loosen and tighten the side supports, i think i might have touched the controlls like twice it was set to haul ass mode all the time and that was kinda the point of having them....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yeah i would have to agree with Aaron...u dont want ot add more weight...i was all about gettin corbeaus from a sponsorship but then decided that i liked the helios recaros better and they are power...but racing seats are cool...good luck man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts