VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title indicates, im looking at a ractive air intake, its only 50 bucks....unlike others ive looked at that are 250+. I love the price...but dont want to buy something that is crap, so please tell me one of you out there has used it.
thx all.

·
Registered
526 Posts
im assuming you have digifant injection..and open element intake will only really make a cool sound at full thorttle..it doesnt really add alot of hp becuse it sucks in the warm engine air..if you do it make sure u get it as far in the corner you can so that its away from the engine and right behind the headlight where the coolest air flows

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=2187

i dont know if that will come out as a link, but thats the product page.

its at a place called slickcar.com
(maybe this link will work)
ractive air intake

its only 50!!! so i really freakin hope it will work for me. maybe i'll be able to take some sheet metal, and bend it around and fasten it to make some sort of cold air compartment.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
When you say work what do you mean. As was already said unless you use a heat sheild(which i'm sure isn't included. And have some sort of a intake coming in the fender, you aren't gonna see any performance gains. I have a K&N cone and it looks cool but that's about it. And for 50 bucks, I'd probably go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts