VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some weird issues with my 2004 golf over the last few days and was wondering if anyone could give any insight. About 2 weeks ago it stalled out at a traffic light, something it never has done. Then Friday I had to turn the ignition a few times before it would turn over. Then yesterday, some seemingly unrelated things are not working. My air conditioning suddenly is not blowing any cold air, the cigarette lighter is not getting any power (couldn't power gps unit), and the weirdest of all, I am not getting any radio stations (radio works, CD play, but every station is static), I am very confused with the radio as I doubt the antenna cord is disconnected which leads me to believe it may have been shorted out somehow by whatever is causeing the rest of the problems....any suggestions...I havent had a chance to go through the fuse panel, will do later today...if not that, does it sound like an electrical short somewhere? It's been raining now for almost 3 weeks straight, maybe water got into one of the electrical components? Any insight would be appreciated, especially if anyone has ever heard of something like this happening in the past.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
water could have gotten somewhere, but check the fuses and do you have a CEL on? if you do, get the codes checked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok...I just checked the fuses, found that the one for the cigarette lighter was blown, replacing that solved that problem. No fuse issues with any of the ones for the A/C or radio so I'm still very confused in that regard. I tend to doubt that the radio antenna cable came undone as the radio was working in the morning but suddenly stopped when i started the car up in the afternoon, the same time the air conditioning was lost, so I really don't want to rip the dash apart unless its absolutely necessary. As of right now, I know for sure the A/C compressor is not turning on, so something is gone in that regard. I'm going to make an appointment with the dealer this week, still under the pre-loved warranty until late July, so I got to get this taken care of soon. Any other insight on this problem would be great.

also...I think I read somewhere that there is an amplifier for the antenna, is there any chance this could be causing the issue if it isn't getting power? When I put the mosoon radio into service mode it says antenna off, so power must not be getting to the antenna for some reason. I read about the whole corrosion issue with the antenna bases, but for this to happen at the exact same time as the A/C really makes me believe they are connected somehow...I might try to reset the electronic components by unplugging the battery...maybe that might work....?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts