VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I have an 85' 8v GTi and I went to put my head unit in the other day and the sock harness had been cut off. So I boought a new reverse harness to replace the lopped off one. The problem is that there are only enough speaker wires for 3 speakers the other two speaker wire are completely missing all the way through I cant find any spliced ends at all. there are only 3 wires for the second harness piece ground, 12 v constant, and a gray wire with a blue stripe (lite switch) wheres does my ignition wire go? ugh im getting frustrated can anyone help me out?

viva

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
there is no ignition switchb so just run the ignition wire with the power. and the late model mk2's like my 89 jetta only have one wire per speaker and use a common ground. Don't ask me how it works but it was explained to me by a installer who into dubs. Hope this helps

G

·
0 Posts
should be a constent power it's the yellow wire the red is the turn on fer the ignition..you can hook up to the yellow and turn it on manually..

·
Registered
12 Posts
actually there is an ignition wire in there. it runs off the key out or "s" power. it will loose power when the keyt is pulled out. just use a test light man not too dificult

1 - 4 of 4 Posts