VW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Long time stalker here. Looks like a great site.
My son just purchased a 2000 Golf 1.8T.
The previous owner installed a aftermarket deck and cut all the stereo wires off before the plug. I tried to install a deck but my experience is limited with stereos.
I hooked the power and ground up but I do not know the colours of the speaker wires or if the amp needs to be hooked up.
After we hooked the power and ground, we can make it light up but there is no sound. Does anyone have any info for the wire colours before the plug.
We are trying to install a Alpine deck.:confused:
Thanks.
Bill

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello everyone.
Long time stalker here. Looks like a great site.
My son just purchased a 2000 Golf 1.8T.
The previous owner installed a aftermarket deck and cut all the stereo wires off before the plug. I tried to install a deck but my experience is limited with stereos.
I hooked the power and ground up but I do not know the colours of the speaker wires or if the amp needs to be hooked up.
After we hooked the power and ground, we can make it light up but there is no sound. Does anyone have any info for the wire colours before the plug.
We are trying to install a Alpine deck.:confused:
Thanks.
Bill
It's likely I can help you if you post a schematic of the radio but this may cost you some bucks unless you can find it online on an audio forum. Some companies charge $50 for a schematic for a VCR costing $50.

How many wires of what color come out of the radio? How many wires of what color in the vehicle connector? Do you have a multimeter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.