VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM NEW TO THE FORUM AS SOME MIGHT KNOW. I ALSO AM TAKING MY VR6 AND MAKING A FULL FLEDGE RALLY CAR OUT IF THE THING SO I WAS WOUNDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY TIPS ON CUNSTRUCTION AND GOOD PRODUCTS AND COMPANIES OR EVEN ANYTHING? I PLAN ON STARTING THE PROJECT THIS WINTER AND JUST KEEP ON WORKING ON IT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES. ITS GOING TO BE FUN AS HELL AND I CANT WAIT TO START.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm new to this forum too. But if you want a full rally car. I would first gut my car out. Remove all the rear seats, the spare tire, the door panels, and all the kinds of things that would add weight even if it only adds a few ounces. Then I would first upgrade my suspension with some racing springs such as the Neuspeed Softsports, or the H&R cup springs. I would also invest in some better shocks such as Bilstein or KYB, and front and rear strut braces from Neuspeed, Autotech, or Eurosport. Sway bars would help in chassis stability so those should be considered also, But then again everyone has their own preference on parts and on how to upgrade their cars, so it's all up to you. Good Luck on your research. VW RULES!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
that sounds like an awesome idea..i havent seen too many rally spec vw's here stateside..but its never a bad isea to try something different...good luck on your Vr6 Rally car

-dave-

·
Registered
141 Posts
i took a grille i found at a junkyard and using a LOAD of bondo, wire mesh, angle-irons, and four aftermarket foglights (the kind with the light up rings around them) i made a rally style grille for my jetta, took forever, but looks soooo sweet... anyway it can be done, just takes a good amount of time, i think they sell the plastic scoops that bolt to the front of the hood and hold 4 lights, but i havent found any yet....

good luck and lemmie know how it turns out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts