VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not usually one to share racing stories on a forum, but I had to post this up. Some probably won't believe this, but I will share anyhow.

I have raced a few unchipped S4's at the track, and all of them beat me except for one. I always trapped higher speeds than them and was playing catch up, but they got me because of the AWD launches and sub 2.0 60' times they can pull on street tires.

Anyhow..........last night on my way home from work, I looked in my rearview and to my surprise saw a 2000-2002 black S4 sitting behind me. I don't know what all was done to it, it was definately not chipped, but it was lowered and on some sort of deep dish wheels. The guy in it definately noticed me and looked kind of interested. The light turns green, we both turn right onto a side road that had no traffic at all and from a 10mph roll we both stomped on it and took it up to around 90 on the initial strait stretch. I managed to put about 1 1/2 lengths on him before we both had to slow down due to some hard twisties ahead
. I never really got to run one of these from a roll, so I was pretty happy with the outcome.

[ October 10, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m of team s and s:
Nice!But you know with the right work done the s4 would stomp just about any ride.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the 2.7T very well.....and if he was chipped it would have definately been a different story. However for much less $$$ you can make any DSM or 2JZ motor much faster than an S4 could ever hope to be.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
wow that sounds like one hell of a race!!

good job big dong!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
mmmmm... s4. sounds like a good race congrats btu be carefull racin on the streets-----> tickets and danger

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
mmmmm... s4. sounds like a good race congrats btu be carefull racin on the streets-----> tickets and danger
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i agree. aweosme race but watch yo self yo.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I read in european car mag. ,that a s4 in 2001 that with the upgraded turbos and intercollers and chipped and exhaust.That car would go over 170mph I don't know alot of other cars that could pull that.My favorite is still the 911 stll!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts