VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I take REALLY good care of my Jetta; I keep it clean, free of clutter, and use good detailing products. At least once every 2 months, I wipe dust off the engine cover and spruce up the engine bay.

Well, I just opened my hood the other day and, believe it or not, there was dried rat poop on top of the engine cover, and little dried muddy rat prints!! YUCK! I drive my car every day--how the hell could this have happened? The disturbing thing is, there was at least a week or more of rat poop (had a pet rat once as a kid) rolling around on the engine cover!! I hope the little bastard went for a ride on the accessories belt...

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
That just sucks, trying setting some traps by your car or under your car to see if you catch that basdard.
On a side not, there was a guy that had a squirl living under his hood. He had enough nuts in his air filter to last the squril for the whole winter. They guy even tried putting up a screen but the squirl kept going through that. I think he ended up putting some nails through the tube and didn't have the problem anymore.
jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Sorry kinda of funny from this point of view. I had a similar insident a few years back. I had some of my VW Beetle parts stored in my parents basement. Well One day I went down there and picked up the air cleaner and I heard a noise. I was like wtf? I shook it and it sounded like shit was inside. So I popped it open there was about a pound of dog food inside. That's right dog food. Some mouse was taking the dog food from upstairs into the basement and storing it in my damn air cleaner. Funny Huh?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Sit in your garage (or driveway) with a gun and all the lights out, when you see the f*cker, shoot him. That's how my uncle killed the rat at his house.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...Since we just moved, I doubt there are any more rats. There was some evidence of mice in the garage when we moved in in July, but since I cleaned the garage, no more mice droppings in the corners.

Just to be safe, maybe it's time kitty slept in the garage for a few nights! The cat's smell all over the place should keep any rodents at bay.

Crap, on the way to work today, I was wondering: what if the little f*#@er was chewing on cables or wires? Hopefully, it lapped up some brake dust or coolant. I should snoop around the engine bay with a flashlight to make sure.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Sounds to me like you need to put down some traps. Or at least collect the rats to put into friend's honda.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

forget that save the rats for yourself and put them in the engine. u seen what vtec does to honda's!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
haha thats kinda funny because nothing happend. but that sucks at the same time. hope hes out and not hiding somewhere.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I was checking the a airfilter on my a4 when i just bought it. i went to check the filter and i was working in limited light, so i stick my hand down in the box, and ...fur... lol i was freaked out so i go grab a flashlight and lookin, 3 dead baby mice and newspaper. there was hair in the filter, it was the sickest thing iv ever seen. My friend was cleaning a Vanagon and lifted the filter and got bit by a snake that was living inside lol

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I have seen cars that come in for service that have the hood insulation torn off by the animals living inside to make their nest..with nuts and other food items imbedded in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts