VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its time to do my engine bay and i have a few questions....first the battery is gonna be in the back so should i run a big fuse so in case somethin would happen i wouldnt burn the crap out of my carpet...also i dont know what to do with the intake because i dont have a cold air and i want to fill the holes in where the braket is for the intake....so is there somethin i can do with it...any pics with the crossflow smoothed....i know u will find it dakoda...

·
Registered
192 Posts
haha no clue tim g/l on that 1

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
unless the main positive cable rubbs through somwhere it shouldn't cause a problem. But if you don't like the way it loooks put a fue in it. it won't hurt. I don't know about the intake, don't jave a crossflow either . If you're going for a really smooth look, get the shortest intake tube as possible and a cone to keep it near the throttle body. But it might look funny that way. Either way good luck and i can't ait to see some pics.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I'm searching for you Tim, i'll post pictures as I find them. One idea I had to solve the intake Problem was to turbo your car
, no need for an intake bracket then

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is true but right now the wallet is lackin so i need a few more bucks for that one but thatnx for lookin for the pics

·
Registered
526 Posts
timmy leave that one whole because i can make a pipe and bend it in shop for almost free...like 2 bucks at the most..then you can have cold air

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Cold airs on 2.0 xflows look like crap tho and give no power gain, The way the bay is setup it just looks like something is missing where the airbox/filer should be. Well theres an idea Tim, Stock airbox untill turbo comes along, I have 3 Spare ones...

·
Registered
192 Posts
thats is an idea tim try it only 2 bucks anyway no bigg loss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts